Thursday, April 12, 2012

Interactive White Board Project using ActivInspire


Out of all of the tech projects that I have completed this semester, this project seemed to be the most beneficial. Since there has been a shift recently for classrooms to have Interactive White Boards. I personally have seen SMART Boards in 3 out of the
4 field experience placements I have been to.

I have enjoyed working with ActivInspire to create my first, but I'm sure it won't be my last, flipchart. Creating flipcharts steps away from the traditional strategy of presenting in a classroom by lecturing, copying notes, etc. and incorporates interactivity in to the instruction. I plan on using the ActivInspire software, or the SMART Notebook software, in my classroom in order to gain the students' attention and interest. There are so many aspects within ActivInspire that will be useful and easy to use, with more experience, as I create lessons for my students.

I found that when I downloaded ActivInspire on my laptop which runs on Windows, that some of the features went away or were different than when I used it on the iMac. It may have been the version that I had to download due to my system configurations, but it did cause some problems with some of the plans I had for my flipchart.

It would have been nice to do some work with SMART software, such as SMART Notebook for the SMART Board. That way we could interact with the SMART software and then compare it to ActivInspire. I know now that you can use either SMART Notebook or ActivInspire when using SMART Boards, which are in so many of the classrooms that I have visited.


No comments:

Post a Comment