My website: https://sites.google.com/site/mslyonsmathclass/
I have really enjoyed creating my own classroom website. This is project that I will definitely use in the future. I will probably continue to use the website I have created, then change it to cater to the class will be teaching. I have used Google sites before to create a site for the parents and students access my tutoring schedule and get in contact with me. I like using Google sites, mainly because it is free, but also because it is easy to use. If I do happen to run into difficulties, I can do a Google search to find instructions on how to do it.
It was helpful to imagine you had your own classroom in order to create the website with an audience in mind. It will be easier to edit the website if I actually had a classroom with more information to provide (that will come with time). I have realized through this project that you must keep who your audience is in mind while authoring your website. I feel as though students and parents will really enjoy having access to a teacher's website especially with today's technological time. For my class in the future, I would change the tech projects page to include student examples along with my, the teacher's, examples in order to display nice work.
I have every intention of using websites in my professional career. It is a tools that boosts sharing of information and communication between the class community. Websites through Google are easy to keep up with and share with others. They can be a source of information and can include interactivity. I can also see myself making sure there is a website for the math department at the school I work at so students and parents can gain access to all of the teachers websites.
No comments:
Post a Comment