Sunday, April 1, 2012

Digital Diagrams using Inspiration!




I enjoyed working with Inspiration creating a digital diagram. Inspiration can be used to create graphic organizers, concept mapping, outlining, and plots and graphs. You can try the software free for 30 days by downloading from http://www.inspiration.com/. The software was pretty easy to use. I liked using the outline mode to input the concepts in the order of priority before seeing it in the diagram mode. The program was pretty easy to navigate while creating a diagram, similar to using Microsoft office just with different features.

I am taken back due to the fact that if you wanted to use it on a daily basis you would have buy the software either as an individual license or volume license for multiple users. I decided to download the free trial which was easy and quick. When I decide to use this the next time I would like to make a digital diagram, I plan to make sure the concepts are able to be simplified into single words or very short phrases in order to be compatible with a diagram.

I would use this as a teacher in order to make graphic organizers to hand or send out to the class. Also the students can create the diagrams themselves in order to promote higher level thinking within the students. They can learn how to prioritize ideas and concepts. It would be great if there was a web 2.0 tool that blended digital diagrams in to a wiki environment so that multiple students or contributors can incorporation their thoughts into the diagram.

Check out my digital diagram on Quadratics!



No comments:

Post a Comment