This was the first time I have every had the chance of using iMovie. We used the program to create a digital story. I had trouble using iMovie, possibly because of my unfamiliarity with the program. Even after using it to create my digital story, I still do not feel completely comfortable using all of its features and tools. I did find that it was easy to upload the pictures and audio to your project. This program really takes advantage of the drag and drop tool.
Completing this digital story also taught me the importance of having high resolution images in order to keep from having fuzzy or poor quality photos. I believe that if I were to do this story over again, I would take more time to make sure my camera is set up to take better pictures. I believe that it is either not a nice enough camera to have high quality pictures or it has been set up in correctly. I also would have liked have more accessibility to the program. Since I do not own a Mac, I was not able to interact as frequently with iMovie and become more versatile with the program.
I could see iMovie be useful for broadcasting student projects or activities to other people in the school or to parents or community. If you were trying to engage the audience in a topic or content, creating a digital story could tap into their interests and be more appealing because of the audio and neat features involved in an iMovie.

No comments:
Post a Comment