Thursday, March 8, 2012

Digital Picture Scavenger Hunt using Picasa Web Albums and Google Presentation






Using Picasa Web Albums by Google, I was able to make this slide show which includes pictures that represent examples of science in the real world. Slide shows can be used to present photos or information possibly for a class assignment, presentation or just for fun!

While learning how to use Picasa Web Albums, I also learned the correct size to make photos when you plan to share them online. You want the pictures you present online to be the correct size so the reader can easily access the photos, preventing a lengthy download or low quality picture.

Picasa Web Albums makes it easy to keep and organize your photos so you can always have access to them no matter where you are! It is linked to your Google account so you don't have to sign up for separate account. 

Also, we used Google Presentation to create a presentation similar to a PowerPoint presentation. I like Google Presentation because it was easy to access and easy to use. It is so nice to have one Google account that allows you to access so many different web tools. Google has really done their homework! 


One thing that I have realized through this project is the care you need to take of your digital photos. Making sure you have a good camera makes a world of a difference, so next time I will be sure to chose a better camera that creates pictures that better resemble the colors and qualities of real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment