Thursday, February 9, 2012

Smilebox

My partner and I investigated the Web 2.0 tool Smilebox this week. I am looking forward to learning about other Web 2.0 tools during the remainder of the semester because I enjoyed learning about our tool!

Smilebox is great application that you can download on to your computer for free from http://www.smilebox.com. You can create slideshows, invitations, greetings, collages, scrapbooks, newletters, certificates and photo albums right on your computer.You can also subscribe to Smilebox and get more templates and designs to use for your creations.

What went well:
  • Smilebox was already downloaded on the our computers in class. It is free to download so it can be used in schools. 
  • I saw how you can apply to use the Teacher's Toolbox for free. You have to apply because space is limited and have to be invited to use the program.
  • I saw how easy it was to create a personalized certificate, while my partner created a newsletter that was fun and easy to create.
How I will use this tool in your professional practice:
  • I like the idea of being about to create a newsletter using Smilebox. The graphics they had available through the application were really neat and seemed like middle and high school students would enjoy using them or looking at them. And with technology being integrated more into the schools, paper newspapers are not as popular, this could be an great option to distribute news to students or other teachers.
  • I could possibly apply to use the Teacher's Toolbox. It seems to be useful and fun. I would enjoy sharing the moments we have in the class with parents and other members of the school community.
What will you do differently next time.
  • I would have liked to research the teacher's tools box to find out more information, at least to find out what is available to teachers.
  • I have not yet downloaded the app for my iPhone, but I would have liked to see how easy it is to use. And if it would be helpful for teachers and students to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment