I would like to take a minute to reflect on the class as a whole. Many of the projects and topics in this class will greatly benefit my future career as a teacher. When someone takes this class, they should be understanding that the class is ever changing due to the fact that technology is constantly changing and improving. There were times when I think it would have been more helpful to have the sections of this class divided into to their respective areas of certifications. There are many technologies and web 2.0 tools that are applicable to elementary education and those students with that certification deserve more time dedicated to those topics. At the same time there are tools more applicable to secondary education and therefore should have focus on instead of being introduced tools that could not be used for an older crowd.
My favorites of the projects were creating the ActivInspire flipchart and our own website. I think they are most relevant to a secondary math classroom. Some of the things like the iMovie or certain web 2.0 tools are not as useful in a math class due to the connection to the content.
I would have like to see more of an introduction to technologies that would help us teach students with special needs or English language learners. Since schools cannot always provide additional helpers to assist these students we need to have tools we can use to reach out to these students giving them the opportunity to learn more in our classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment